This online course is intended to refresh participants’ understanding of the food safety environment in which we operate, the Codex Principles of HACCP and the development and review of a documented HACCP Plan, based on the latest revisions adopted by the Codex Alimentarius Commission Food Hygiene Committee in 2020.
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to HACCP
- Prerequisite Support Programs
- Preliminary Steps in Developing a HACCP System
- Hazard Analysis
- Critical Control Points
- Critical Limits and Monitoring
- Corrective Actions and Verification
- Documentation and Record
- Participants need to complete all modules and a short online assessment.
On successful completion of this online course, participants will gain the knowledge on how to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the food safety environment
- Describe the steps and principles used in developing a HACCP system, and the importance of each principle
- Identify and distinguish between typical microbiological, chemical, physical and quality hazards managed by HACCP
- Identify the components of a documented and implemented HACCP system
- Identify the key changes required in their system to meet updated Codex and legislative requirements
Who should attend
This online course is ideal for food industry professionals working in Manufacturing, with fresh produce, Research & Development, Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Business Owners or Management who need to obtain a practical understanding of the HACCP methodology and how to use it within their business.
There are no entry requirements for this online course. As a refresher course it is recommended that you have a good working knowledge in the principles and applications of HACCP.
The online course will take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
Intertek Certificate of Completion