This online course will enable you to gain a thorough understanding of the principles required and the legal requirements to establish the shelf life of packaged food products.
This course covers the following topics:
- Threats to Food Quality
- Regulatory aspects
- Gauging shelf life for Food Quality
- On successful completion of this course, participants will obtain the knowledge on how to:
- Understand the need for proper shelf life determination
- Understand the relevant regulatory framework addressing shelf life
- Understand the factors that may influence or affect determination of shelf life
- Explain testing methodologies used to validate and verify shelf life estimates
Who should attend
This online course is designed for food industry personnel with responsibility for food quality management. It is most relevant to individuals who are responsible for estimating and validating the shelf life of food products.
There are no entry requirements for this online course.
We do advise the completion of other food safety courses such as Allergen Management and Traceability for a more complete understanding of food safety in the workplace.
The online course will take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
Intertek Certificate of Completion