Completion of this online course will assist in the development and implementation of effective allergen management procedures.
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Allergens
- Allergen Control Plan
- Methods of Allergen Testing
- VITAL and Allergen Labelling
Note: this online course does NOT provide specific training in the use of the VITAL online tool.
On successful completion of this course, participants will obtain the knowledge on how to:
- Describe the consequences of consuming food containing allergens
- Understand why proper allergen management of food products is crucial
- Describe the regulatory requirements for handling allergens in food products
- Understand the various considerations in handling food products containing allergens
- Develop an Allergen Control Plan and take related measures to manage allergens effectively
Who Should Attend
This online course is most relevant to persons who work in QA management, engineering, production and R&D management roles and whom are responsible for label development in food industries where allergen cross contact can be an issue.
There are no pre-requisites for this online course.
For a more complete understanding of food safety in the workplace we do advise the completion of other Intertek online food safety courses such as Traceability and Shelf Life Validation.
The online course will take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
Takeaway:Intertek Certificate of Completion