Intertek is excited that SAI Global is now part of the wider Intertek organization. And with this fantastic addition to our team, we are now able to share this training which our expert colleagues from SAI Global have created. You may therefore see some SAI Global branding in this course.
Dispel the mystery surrounding the terminology of the internationally recognised ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Standard, providing a sure foundation for your information security management system.
This online foundation course is intended for those who require an introduction to the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard and to understand how it can be used to develop. implement and improve information security management systems.
The course is particularly suited to organisations considering using the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard to develop an information security system and need to inform employees at all levels of the organisation of its purpose and requirements.
You will have access to the course for 12 months from purchase
This online course covers the following topics:
- Principles of Information Security and Information Security Management
- The ISO 27000 family of standards
- The structure of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Key concepts and principles of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 including clauses, definitions and regulations
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of information security
- Identify the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and its key clauses
- Recognise and understand the link between risk and controls
Who Should Attend
Anyone with an interest in, or currently in a role that interacts with private data should understand the principles of managing that data and keeping it secure.
Including but not limited to data protection and information security, corporate governance, risk and compliance, management systems, IT services, human resources financial and accounting records.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information Security Manager
- Corporate governance managers
- Human resource managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Financial and Accounts managers
- Internal Legal teams
- Internal Auditors
- Private data and records administration teams
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
We estimate the average student will take approximately 30 - 45 minutes to complete the course.
Intertek Certificate of Completion