Completion of this online course will enable you to gain an understanding of the attributes and practical operation of an effective pest management program which is an essential pre-requisite for any Food Safety Management System.
This course covers the following topics:
- Pest Control in the Food Industry
- Regulatory Aspects of Pest Control
- Role of Support Programs
- Pre-requisite Programs
- Common Pests
- Implementing a Pest Control Program
Note: this online course does NOT provide specific training in the use of the VITAL online tool.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the necessity for proper pest control in the food industry
- Understand the relevant regulatory framework addressing pest control
- Understand the considerations for setting up a pest control program
- Understand the pre-requisites for setting up a pest control program
- List the common pests to guard against and understand the hazards they pose
- Understand the main considerations for implementation of an effective pest control program
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for food industry personnel involved in QA management and teams, production, and operations, and those responsible for implementing pest control programs in food manufacturing businesses.
There are no pre-requisites for this online course.
For a more complete understanding of food safety in the workplace we do advise the completion of other Intertek online food safety courses such as Traceability and Shelf Life Validation.
The online course will take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
Intertek Certificate of Completion